
does anyone have any tips for slicing* an avocado? i just left the kitchen with green goo all over my hands and plate.
*editor's note: i was using a plastic knife. i tried it again... it's just a mess.
to write with a broken pencil is pointless.
6 comments:
I have some tips...
Cut the avocado in half, as shown in your picture. Chop your knife into the pit so it sticks, then twist out the pit. Without cutting through the skin, cut a parallel lines into each half of the avocado, then spoon out the chunks. Works every time, as long as your avocado isn't too mushy!! Good luck. :)
interestingly i cut it the opposite way from what is pictured... perhaps that was my issue. thanks for your tip!
I do the same...though i cut intersecting parallel and perpendicular lines to form tiny avocado cubes. If you fold open the skin, they usually pop out!
I make intersecting cuts too, then squeeze the skin to pop them out. Also, I've learned that if you only use 1/2 the avocado and want to save the other half, if you leave the pit in the remaining half while refrigerating, it doesn't go brown as quickly!
The only thing I could add to this Avocado Advice column - Make sure that you have citrus to douse your avocado with. It's just not worth it to cut, slice, peel and push - if you don't have a lime to make it sing!
I really enjoy guacamole.
Post a Comment