22 September 2008

a case of mistaken identity

dan and i were just discussing an email that was sent out to the residents of our condos about noise.  he claimed to have not received it (it turns out he had not checked his email since it was sent) but told me he received a message about the garage door opener-- mind you, we don't have a garage door.  he then reminded me that he's been getting emails for a different condo association-- somewhere in Canada actually-- for the past 3 months.  apparently they have the email addresses wrong so he's on the list.  he keeps trying to get removed from the list, telling these people they have the wrong dan-- and they don't believe him! they just keep emailing him.  so we were thinking that when people see the intended dan walking around they must give him dirty looks, because the unintended dan continues to ask to be removed from the list on the grounds he does not live there.  they must think this guy is crazy.  meanwhile on this end, it's annoying but also hilarious.

3 comments:

Dan Cohen said...

this may lose something in translation.

here are some past email exchanges:

THEM:
All,
I've made arrangements for a garage door repair person to meet me at the house this Tuesday at 6pm to repair.

ME:
Please take me off this list. There are no garage doors where I Live.

THEM:

Hello Dan and Janice,

I have recently moved into the building and thought I'd drop you a line. I think I have already met you Janice? I also recently lost the garage door clicker. I have contacted Branka and she informed me that they are out of openers? Could you please direct me from here? Thanks for your time and I look forward to connecting with you both!

Regards,
Tyler Melenchuk

ME:

YOU have the wrong email Address.

THEM:

Dan, the letter below was received from Bill. I am sorry that you are dealing with Bill's temper, he could be a bit aggressive but he doesn't have to, as we are volunteer members of the Council, perhaps he could be reminded of that.

Martha

ME:

Who do you think I am? I am not the individual you think I am. STOP sending me email please

stacey said...

Ha! I love it... "There are no garage doors where I live."

tessarh said...

i don't understand why they don't believe you.