21 June 2008
pops again
last night we went to the Boston Pops again-- this time the guest artist was Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls-- most excellent! i definitely recommend the "pops on the edge" series-- this is our 3rd year going (aimee mann, then ben folds, now this) and it is always great! the first half of the performance was just the Pops and they played 4 movements of Gustav Holst's "the planets" along with a big screen with pictures of planets... it was great. then after intermission, Amanda Palmer came out-- it was wild! it was truly a performance... costumes, guest singers and actors from throughout Symphony Hall... and the final encore song brought all the performers (and i think some regular audience members) up on stage to hold hands and sing. oh! and her new solo album is produced by Ben Folds, so she played and sang "Brick" as a tribute to him... which was great. many of the audience members were also all "dolled" up, which was fun to see. overall, it was an awesome time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
There is this thing thats just like touching except you don't touch, you sing. Just Sing. So Sing. Just sing, mother fuckers! Sing
ps - guess which work I misspelled...
life is no cabaret
BUT WERE THERE ANY FIST FIGHTS??? That's all I have to say.
not this time, Anna. The pops isn't the same when your not sitting 5 sections away from us :)
also, on these internets things, its polite to provide references: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18583296/
I have some other friends who were also at this concert. I've heard great things about the series and this band, but I have no personal experience with either. burn me a cd. :)
Post a Comment