*Towards the end of the work day yesterday, I used one of the bathrooms in my office, which is a single-user toilet room. I washed my hands, and used a paper towel to dry them. (This is all fascinating, right? Wait for it!!) As I tossed the towel into the wall-mounted waste receptacle, I noticed something out of place in the bin. I took a closer look, and saw a plastic disposable container from a salad bar, with the remains of a few pieces of lettuce and perhaps some lentils.
Um... huh?
The bathroom happens to be almost exactly next to the kitchen, which is equipped with cans for recycling plastic... and, if you're really not even into recycling, we all have our own trash cans at our desks... so I'm wondering about the circumstances that would lead someone to throw out a salad container in the bathroom... is one of my co-workers so sad and lonely that he/she eats lunch alone in the bathroom!?!?!
I'm not even sure I want to know...
(*Editor's Note: I mentioned this to a few people yesterday after it happened, so my apologies in the event you are reading this story twice-- think of it as an opportunity to dig deeper into the question. Let me know your thoughts on this matter in the comments section. I welcome your insight.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
laziness?
tessa, you are suggesting that someone decided to "one stop shop" with disposal of a salad container and a bathroom stop?
I wish I had seen them walk in...
Its really a mystery. The easy answer is...they were eating at their desk and went to leave for the day with the intention of throwing their salad out and stopped to use the bathroom as Tessa suggested. I REFUSE to believe that it was consumed in the bathroom.
Post a Comment