I've come to the realization that people just aren't getting the fact that I've changed my last name. and it's kind of OK, i guess... as it makes sense to me to be called all 3 names. Seems fair.
I've been reading Sloane Crosley's new book, How Did You Get This Number-- she's also the author of I Was Told There'd Be Cake, which I found super funny. Anyway, this morning on the bus I was reading the short story called "If You Sprinkle", and found the following line on page 153:
As it is with anyone who has made an impact on your life, her first and last name are inseperable.
Of course, this got me thinking about the years and years of being referred to by my first and last name, and the fact that the majority of people in my life (sometimes even my husband!) seem to forget I now have another name tacked on the end... and of course I got a bit full of myself when reading this quote-- thinking that I must have had an impact on a lot of people's lives... :)
23 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love you Shana Cohen
And I love you too, Dan Cohen!
aren't you two cute. anyway, come on shana shevitz just goes together...it will probably take some people 10+ yrs to call you shana cohen. I have friends that still call me wallace : )
Post a Comment