26 January 2009

rental car

every time i have to rent a car for work (for a site visit) it's some kind of saga... all things considered, this morning was not so bad. i had to wake up and walk to the car rental place. the only annoying part was the fact that there was no sidewalk for part of the route since a large pile of dirty snow had not been plowed, so i had to walk IN the main street... not so great... but i arrived and the workers were nice and actually had my reservation on file! my office had reserved a compact car for me but somehow the only car they had at the rental place was a PT Cruiser. it was fine, but i felt sort of funny driving it. i think that people judge you based on what kind of car you drive... whether they want to or not, they make some sort of assessment... i wonder what they thought of me today...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

People certainly do react differently. I used to get yelled at by random people when I drove Yasi's Camry years ago, but I never get any static in the Cooper.

Dan Cohen said...

occasionally, I get yelled at while walking around by people in cars. What is that about?